- Fruit hardness tester or Fruit Penetrometer: used to measure the hardness of apples, pears,watermelons, bananas and other fruits, to determine the maturity of fruits, to cultivate good varieties, picking time, processing time, harvest storage, export transportation and other reasonable control of time.
- It is suitable for fruit research departments, fruit farms, fruit companies, universities and other units. The instrument is small in size, light in weight, intuitive in numerical display and easy to carry. It is suitable for fruit inspection in various fruit venues.
- It can also be assembled on a special test stand, which can improve the accuracy of testing and is suitable for professional testing departments.
- Fruit Penetrometer Hardness Tester
- Soft and hard fruit both can be measured with FP-503
Fruit firmness (P) refers to the ratio of fruit unit area (S) to the pressure(N) of the pressure spring under test.
- P Fruit hardness (10^5 Pa or kg/cm²)
- N Force exerted by a force-measuring spring on the fruit surface(N or kg)
- S Fruit area of thrust surface (cm²)
- Before measurement: Turn the dial to align the drive pointer with the first calibration line of the dial ( calibration line 0.5); Peel the fruit about 1 cm² .
- Measurement: Hold the hardness tester in hand, make the hardness tester perpendicular to the surface of the fruit under test, press the test head into the fruit evenly, then drive the pointer to start driving the indicator to rotate,
- When the test head stops at the scale line (10mm), the reading indicated by the indicator is the hardness of the fruit, and the average value is taken three times.
- After measurement: Rotate the knob to reset the pointer to the initial calibration line.