Los Angeles Abrasion Testing Machine is used for testing crushed slag, crushed and uncrushed gravel for resistance to abrasion. The aim of the test is to find the percentage wear due to the relative rubbing action between the aggregates and steel balls as abrasive charge. The oven-dried arrangements are weighted and rotated along with abrasive charge in the machine for the 500 or 1000 revolutions and percentage of wear so found out its reported as los angeles abrasion value.
- Consists of a hollow steel cylinder, closed at both ends, having an inside diameter of 700 mm and inside length of 500 mm.
- The cylinder mounted on a sturdy frame on ball bearings. The opening is closed dust tight with a removable bolted cover in place.
- A detachable shelf which extends through the drum catches the abrasive charge and does not allow it to fall on the cover. The drum is rotated at a speed of 30-33 rpm by an electric motor through a heavy duty reduction gear.
- Fitted with revolution counter and push button starter. Supplied complete with a tray for collection of the material. Abrasive charge consists of set of 12 nos.
- Cast iron spheres or steel spheres (hardened steel balls) approximately 48mm diameter each weigh between 390-445 gram. Complete as above.
Los Angeles Abrasion Testing Machine Dealer in Chennai, Los Angeles Abrasion Testing Machine Supplier in Chennai, Los Angeles Abrasion Testing Machine Trader in Chennai, Los Angeles Abrasion Testing Machine manufacturer in Chennai