Aggregate Crushing Value Apparatus provides a relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. The oven dried and accurately weighed aggregates are subjected to crushing test on compression testing machine and weight of the resultant fines passing the specified IS sieve to the total weight of the sample expressed a s a percentage is defined as Aggregate Crushing Value. The apparatus is available in three size 75mm dia for 1/8 to size aggregate, 150mm dia for 3/8 to aggregate (standard) and 300mm dia for 1 to 2 aggregate.
- Consists of Case hardened Mild steel cylindrical container of 150 mm dia 0.5 mm x 130 mm to 140mm high with base plate 200 to 230 mm square x 6mm thick.
- A plunger of 148 mm 0.5 mm dia x 100 to 115 mm high.
- All parts directly coming in to contact with the specimen during the test are made of mild steel duly case hardened.
- Supplied complete with tamping rod, 16 mm dia x 600 mm long, one end rounded.
- Cylinderical Metal measure 11.5 cm dia x 18 cm height with handle.
- Electronic Balance 3 kg. X 1 gm
- Compression Testing Machine Capacity : 500 kN
- Test Sieve 2.36 mm, 10 mm, 12.5 mm and 14 m